There are over 3.2 billion users of smartphones worldwide, and therefore, one of the industries benefiting from this is the app development industry. App development is growing at a steady rate and will keep growing in the foreseeable future. According to a report, 88% of a user’s total mobile time is spent on mobile applications. If you are a team of app developers in Virginia, this is good news for you. All that is required is for users to download your mobile application and use the mobile application.
Key Mobile App Statistics
- It is expected that mobile applications generate revenues of more than $935 billion by the year 2023.
- The Apple App Store has 1.96 million mobile applications that are available for download.
- On the Google Play Store, there are 2.87 million mobile apps available for download
- 21% of Millennials open a mobile application 50+ times each day.
- 49% of individuals open a mobile application on 11+ occasions every day.
- 69% of all US advanced media opportunities generate from mobile applications.
- A regular cell phone user spends time 10 applications each day and 30 applications every month.
Mobile apps need to be download to succeed. Even if your app is excellent, you won’t make a single penny until someone downloads it. You have to get people to download your app. To get people to like and download your app, you have to do proper research.
- Mobiles and tablets are being used by people all over the world. When the popularity of a mobile app increases, the number of downloads of that mobile application boosts up. IT companies in Virginia are providing great app developing services through innovative IT solutions.
- There is constant growth in app downloads every year, and this growth will be consistent in the coming years. More than 200 billion app downloads are approximately 6% higher than the year previous to that.
- There was a 45% rise from the year 2016 to 2019. The growth rate isn’t very sharp, but it is increasing. Hence, app developers should keep working hard to make useful apps for mobile and tablet users.
- A mobile application can be either free or paid. Figure out whether people will download your app if it requires them to pay for it. The majority of the applications are available for free download and use. 98% of the app revenue is generated from the apps that are available for free download.
- Deciding on the monetization strategy completely depends on the nature of your mobile application. Users, in general, don’t expect to pay for downloading an app as maximum numbers are available for free downloads. If you already have a business and the app is an extension to spread your business, it should be available for free downloads.
- Offering in-app purchases is a way you can make money even with an available app for free download for the users.
- iOS users download apps from the apple play store, and the users of android mobile phones use the Google play store to download the applications.
- App downloads from the Google Play store increased by 31% from 2019 to 2020, whereas the apple app store saw a growth of just 2.5%.